Realising the planned benefits of an acquisition is the key to business integration success. This requires strong and visible leadership and robust planning, started in advance of the integration.
Often though, due diligence is restricted and plans are put together with incomplete information.
That is why the business integration programme is focused on
- A strong governance structure that puts you in control of the full integration
- Continuous review of business plan accuracy, through a post-acquisition due diligence process
- Allocating change resources on the large benefits, usually creating a programme or project to deliver each major benefit
- Structuring each change programme/project on quick wins first, as longer term wins are planned
- Tracking the realisation of benefits from plan, to P&L and then cashflow
- Controlling and managing the risks
Read about Tiger Integration's approach to managing integration risk.